My coaching class got over early a few hours early, so I raced my little baby car back (by the way, I used TWO gallons of gas. TWO. Can you say economical?) to the Atlanta airport so I could try to get an early flight home. Ugh. No seats available on the two early flights. Ugh. Stuck at the airport for four hours. What the H-E-Double-Toothpick am I gonna do???
Well, the first thing, after finding my concourse of course, is to go find a Diet Coke. With being stuck in a classroom for hours upon hours with limited breaks, I didn’t drink that much so I wouldn’t end up having one of “those” days where I have to pee a hundred times an hour. The good thing about being stuck in Atlanta is that the airport is really big and there’s lots of choices. I settled on Phillips Seafood in Concourse D. I was pretty hungry since we stayed in class through lunch and I “only” had a 6″ sub from Subway that I’d left in my car all morning since I had a feeling we would be skipping lunch.
1) Walk backwards on the moving sidewalk. I took a video of me doing this and sent it to my son, who specifically asked me to walk backwards on the moving sidewalk. Mission accomplished.
2) Diet Coke. Three of them.
3) Dinner. I have eaten pretty good this weekend, but I was craving a salad. Oh, it was gooooood.
4) Read Runner’s World. I love this magazine, but I sort of always come away feeling slow and fat.
5) Compare wait staff and other customers to famous people. Not a great idea since I realize that I really don’t know that many famous people that look like the wait staff and customers. There’s just one guy who sort of looks like Ty Pennington.
6) Make a list of things I would like to purchase for next year’s Stride program. Oh, if I can get this approved, this will be Super Stride, Stride x2, Stride Max. I have so many ideas of what I can and really need to do for this program in the following years. Maniacal laugh.
7) Start on my 50/50 list. Yeah, my list of 50 things I want to do by the time I turn 50. Fifty. F-i-f-t-y. Yikes. That number scares me, and it will be here before I know it, less than nine years from now. So I might as well take time to list the things I’d like to do, then go about doing them.
8) Avoid watching the weather. D’oh! It’s up on the screen in the restaurant since there’s FRIGGIN tornados south of here. With a friggin HUGE weather system coming through. Yeah, I knew there was supposed to be bad weather sometime today, but really, REALLY????? I just want to get my arsk home. I haven’t slept in years. Or that’s what it feels like anyway.
9) Go buy a People Magazine/easy reading book and do nothing for the rest of the entire night.
And that’s what I’m gonna go do.
I really can’t wait to share with you what this class was all about. I DESPERATELY want to take the Level II class concentrating in Endurance but not sure if I can since I’m not technically a coach and you’re supposed to have three seasons of coaching experience. Does Stride count??? Does BEING coached count??
Hmmm, it’s yellow outside….